Ladakh is a wonderful place that many people want to visit. It is located at an altitude of 3542 meters above sea level in the lap of the mighty Himalayas and has immense scenic beauty as well as some amazing allures such as palaces, lakes, and monasteries.
Here in this content, we will be briefing you about the most spectacular places to visit in Ladakh. They are as follows-
- Hemis National Park- Hemis National Park, located in Jammu and Kashmir’s eastern Ladakh region, is known as the Snow Leopard Capital of India. This national park, which was established in 1981, is best known for having the world’s highest density of snow leopards. Hemis is also unique in that it is the only national park to the north of the Himalayas. According to records, it is also home to 18 mammal species and 75 bird species.
- Diskit Monastery- Diskit Monastery must be included on any list of Ladakh sightseeing attractions. The Gompa, which is dressed in white, is Nubra Valley’s oldest and largest monastery. The aura is soothing and healing, so it only takes one visit to feel enlightened. Changzem Tserab Zangpo, an ardent disciple of Tsong Khapa, the founder of Gelugpa, founded Diskit Monastery in the 14th century.
- Pangong Lake- The most popular tourist destination in the Ladakh region is Pangong Tso. It is the highest of India’s high altitude lakes, filled with saline water, but it provides visitors with some awe-inspiring moments with the incredible phenomenon of changing colours several times per day. The reflections of the Himalayan peaks in the water add to the lake’s allure. Pangong Tso is currently a popular tourist destination.
- Shanti Stupa- Shanti Stupa is a white-domed monument perched atop a steep incline. It was built by an interesting mix of Japanese Buddhists and locals, and it faces snow-capped peaks. The stupa’s vantage point provides unobstructed views of the valley below. When illuminated at night, it takes on a life of its own. It is one of the best places to visit in Ladakh if you want to see a magical sunrise or sunset.
- Khardung La Pass- Khardung La pass, the world’s highest motorable road is located on the way to Nubra Valley, a popular destination in Ladakh. It is situated at an incredible height of 18,380 feet. The steep and rugged terrain, winding roads, high winds, and unpredictable weather, making it this far will earn you bragging rights. It is a rite of passage and one of the best places to visit in Ladakh for bikers, cyclists, and adventurers.
Before we conclude, it is a traveler’s tip for all future travelers is that Leh and Ladakh are stunning locations, and well worth the visit. Both the places offers with a mash-up of leisure activities and adventure opportunities.
So, it’s your time to pack your bags for a memorable journey to Ladakh.